Hey there! Today I am posting the first salad recipe from my Simple Sunday Meal Prep post. I actually came up with this by accident, as I was just trying to use up stuff in my fridge before it went bad, and I found a new salad dressing that I was desperately wanting to try.
I used mixed greens and kale. I like to use both because I like a lot of texture in my salads. I also think they are more filling and keep well in the fridge longer. I sliced up baby carrots, snapped some peas in half, and topped it all off with some sunflower seeds. I think sesame seeds would be more fitting, but I didn’t have any on hand. The sunflower seeds worked just as well. To top it all off, I used Kraft Asian Sesame dressing.
The salad dressing could also double as a chicken marinade or a stir fry sauce. It’s very tasty!
The Simple Asian Salad
Credit: The Pamela Blog
- 3 cups baby kale, spinach, mixed greens, or a combination
- 1/2 cup sliced baby carrots
- 1/2 cup snap peas cut in half
- 2 tbsp sunflower or sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp Kraft Asian Sesame Dressing
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Stir in dressing.